Reports to: Owner / Director
Location: 4510 N. 13th St. Terre Haute, IN
Strive365 is currently accepting applications to fill the role of Secretary within our soon to be open multi-use facility. The successful candidate will perform skilled clerical work, and provide general secretarial support to the company administration. The Secretary will be responsible for drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, or providing information to callers. This position is ideal for someone who is motivated, able to prioritize work assignments as they come in, and capable of working without supervision.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Mail promotional material and other information.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars.
- Make copies of correspondence and other printed material.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Collect and disburse funds from cash accounts, and keep records of collections and disbursements.
- Conduct searches to find needed information, using such sources as the Internet.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Manage projects, and contribute to committee and team work.
- Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information both internally and with other organizations.
- Provide services to customers, such as order placement and account information.
- Review work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
- Supervise other clerical staff, and provide training and orientation to new staff.
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Clerical experience preferred
- Well organized, and must be able to multi-task
- Knowledge of specific software programs, including Word and Excel
- Able to work independently
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Must pass a National Criminal History Background Check
Deadline for Applications: Until a suitable candidate is found
INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS SHOULD SUBMIT THEIR LETTER OF INTEREST AND RESUME ELECTRONICALLY TO: